- We believe that the Bible is the inspired word of God (II Timothy 3:16-17).
- We believe in the God of the Bible, who created the world, as described in Genesis chapter one. We believe that this creation speaks of His existence (Psalm 19). To the extent that man is without excuse (Romans 1:20).
- We believe in the triune nature of the Godhead; the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit (Matthew. 3:16-17).
- We believe that man is a part of God’s creation (Genesis 1:26-27). And our purpose is to be pleasing to Him (II Corinthians 5:9), to honor and to bring Him glory (I Corinthians 6:19-20). To declare His praises (I Peter 2:9).
- We believe that sin separated man from God (Genesis 3).
- And that sin continues to separate us from God (Isaiah 59:1-2).
- The wages of sin is death (Romans 6:23).
- There is a wide gate and broad path that leads to destruction and many choose it (Matthew 7:13).
- We believe that we are saved from that sin by God’s grace (Ephesians 2:8) We also believe that man must have a faith response to that grace which involves:
Hearing the gospel message that produces faith (Romans 10:14-17).
Believing that message (John 3:16; Hebrews 11:6)
Confessing that belief (Matthew 10:32; Romans 10:10)
Repenting of the sin that separates (Luke 13:3-5; Acts 2:38 & 17:30)
Being buried with Christ in baptism (Mark 16:16; Acts 2:38 Romans 6:3-4)
Remaining faithful to His cause (II Timothy 4:7-8; Revelation 2:10)
- We believe that when we are saved, God adds us to the church (Acts 2:47). And that the church is the body of Christ (Ephesians 1:22-23), over which Christ serves as Head (Colossians 1:18).
- We believe in the oneness of the body (Ephesians 4:4-6) and the need to assemble in order to encourage one another (Hebrews 10:24-25)